Decided to start a new series of weekly posts, collecting some of the things I found, experienced, heard, ate, etc. during the week that inspired me. This is largely just to have a record of this for myself, but I thought it would be a great opportunity to share with all of you who take the time to stop by here as well!
I envision this being pretty simple, essentially just a list with some brief explanation of the items accompanying a link. No TLDR. Just lots of awesome.
Let’s begin! These are some things that inspired me this week:
- The 99 Percent – Create for You. Great article – I need to get back into the habit of morning creative exercises!
- Henry Waltz Teaser via Quipsologies. Absolutely stunning art style and animation. Reminiscent of the Mysterious Geographical Explorations of Jasper Morello.
- Pat Perry’s moleskine sketches. Love the multimedia usage and the confidence in his lines.
- I Miss the Mob by Derek Sivers. My boss shared this one with me. A good reminder to remember why you do what you do. Does it make you happy?
- Don’t Pursue Ideas with Obvious Conclusions – Jared Cohen on 99 Percent.
- Don’t Take Creativity for Granted – Stefan Sagmeister on 99 Percent.
- BBDO 80th Anniversary Designs – via Graphic Exchange. Clever campaign that references the company’s roots. Slick style.
- Miss You by Trentemøller. Such a tranquil song. Could listen to it all day.